This month’s Patreon ceilidh is a live, online creative workshop available to members of Clans Adder, Deer + Beastie. Not a member? No problem – there’s still time to join us, if you wish.
Patreon is the platform where you can engage more intimately with my work and use the many tutorials (hosted in an exclusive Patreon classroom,) events, studio vlogs and other behind the-scenes access to spark your own creative curiosity and insight.
Depending on which Clan you join, you are also eligible to receive tangible merchandise throughout the year, first refusal on live events + retreats and discount vouchers for my online workshops + programs hosted outwith Patreon.
“In common with most people of artistic perception, I like trees.”
– Arthur Henry “Art” Young (January 14, 1866–December 29, 1943)
TREE MAGIC : Creative Workshop
Sunday 23rd February • 6pm GMT • Online
Our event will take place live, in real-time at 6pm BST* (check your timezone here) and will be broadcast via the super-easy to use Zoom platform. With internet access, you can access Zoom via your computer, tablet or smartphone from anywhere in the world.
You will need good internet access to participate + be able to listen to audio. The event will last approximately 2.5-3hrs, including sharing/Q+A time.
*Members of Clans Deer + Beastie will also receive access to the recording.
“The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity… and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.” ― William Blake
- Engage our imagination through our personal connection with the nature of trees and explore this via art journaling.
- Consider our personal or cultural relationship with trees and translate that to symbolic imagery.
- Undertake a creative exercise that draws upon the imagination to interpret our way of being in the past, present and/or future.
- Participate in a community event – to address that which is missing from the overculture.
- Compasses + straight edge, if creating a mandala using tools.
- Pencil, outliner pen, paint, markers or other media to colour – use your favourite creative exercise/mandala-making media.
- If using paint – fresh water in a jar to clean your brush/es + paper towel or cotton rag.
- Paper suitable for your colouring media, optimal size 9 x 12” or at least A4. You can use your art journal or loose leaf paper.
- Spotify Playlist – link provided on Patreon beforehand.
I’d love to see you there! Any questions – drop me an email and I’ll reply as soon as I’m able ♡