The Hero’s Quest is currently my favourite ever piece of art that I’ve created. (I know that’s a clunky sentence – I couldn’t figure out how else to say it!)
It’s my favourite for a few reasons. Here are a few of them;
- I’m witnessing the development of a style that I truly like.
- I’m seeing the honest progression/delineation from/of art journaling to public art.
- I’m combining my long experience with the psychology of self with my art.
- I’m learning to interpret my unconscious more easily than ever before.
- I’m gaining confidence in my ability to articulate those interpretations.
- I can see the bigger picture/future of this series.
- I love fluorescent pink paint – it’s my heart colour
Probably a hundred more reasons (I love the black hair , her green eyes, the imperfectness of the symmetry) but those will do for now.
What part does your art journal play in helping you create art for public consumption?