A quickie art journal page to explore some conversations I’ve been having with my chakras.
Exploring the symbolism
The Muladhara is the base, or root chakra, located at the base of the spine.
I investigated some of the common symbolism of this chakra and my interpretation included the following;
- elephant to represent the physicality of matter
- the eight arrows, the many directions of life
- the central yellow square represents earth
- the four petals, the four corners of the world
- the downward triangle stands for higher power
- the two circles are for the Hindu deities Brahma and Dakini.
- Canson XL 9×12 multi media journal
- Graphite Pencil
- Dylusions Ink Spray : pure sunshine
- Dylusions Ink Spray : cherry pie
- DecoArt Crafter’s Acrylic : black
- Caran D’ache NecolorII : scarlet
- Sakura Gelly Roll 08 : white
- Sakura Gelly Roll Fine : black
- Inca stamp : 472d Smart Elephant
- Ranger archival ink pad : jet black
- Scrappy Cat everyday wood stamp : spiral
- Dew Drop Brilliance ink pad : moonlight white
Invitation to explore
If you were to have a conversation with your chakras, what information might they share with you? What symbolism resonates with you? Is your response a written one, or can you represent it in your art? Is it enough to simply send out the invitation? (top tip: there are no wrong answers, just follow your intuition!)